lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gonçalo Gaiolas <goncalo.gaio...@outsystems.com>
Subject Scoring based on fields and categorization
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:54:07 GMT
Hi there,

I need to make two changes to Lucene :

-          Scoring should take in consideration not only the relevance of
the contents, but also two numerical values in other document fields. For
example, let’s assume that the normal score for Document A is 0.33 (as
calculated by Lucene). What I need is that it’s true score is 0.33 * (value
of field A) * (value of field B). What is the best way to accomplish this?
I’ve read that changing the scoring algorithm is difficult and painful.

-          I need to make sure only one document per Category is retrieved.
Categories are also implemented as index fields. So, for example, if my
search yields two documents with the same Category (let’s assume Movies),
only the higher scoring document is returned. I’m assuming the easiest way
to implement this is post-processing the fetching process, maybe with a
HitCollector?

I really appreciate any help on these subjects,

Thanks a lot

Gonçalo Gaiolas