lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: research lucene
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:00:02 GMT
Hey,
you don't actually need to store it, If you store the content of a
field you can later retrieve it like it used to be and display it may
be in a result list. If you have large content you can also store it
compressed (Field.Store.Compress). If you don't need the content in
any way just use Field.Store.NO.

best regards simon

On 8/10/06, ould sid'ahmed <nouldsid@emn.fr> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>  I have resolved my problem, I added Store.YES and Index.TOKENIZED, and
> it goes.
> thank you another time.
>
> thanks.
> Simon Willnauer a écrit :
> > I just tried it out and it worked like expected:
> >

> >   RAMDirectory d = new RAMDirectory();
> >    IndexWriter w = new IndexWriter(d,new WhitespaceAnalyzer(),true);
> >
> >    Document doc = new Document();
> >    doc.add(new
> > Field("field","title",Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED ));
> >    doc.add(new
> > Field("field","2006",Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.TOKENIZED ));
> >    w.addDocument(doc);
> >
> >    w.close();
> >    IndexSearcher s = new IndexSearcher(d);
> >    System.out.println("Search for title: "+s.search(new TermQuery(new
> > Term("field","title"))).length());
> >    System.out.println("Search for 2006: "+s.search(new TermQuery(new
> > Term("field","2006"))).length());
> >
> > Output:
> >
> > Search for title: 1
> > Search for 2006: 1
> >
> > I actually can't really get your problem.
> >
> > regards simon
> >
> > On 8/10/06, ould sid'ahmed <nouldsid@emn.fr> wrote:
> >>
> >> The probl add(new Field(  fieldName(), fieldValue, Field.Store,
> >> Field.Index));
> >> and I use the WhiteSpaceAnalyser, but my problem is can I index a field
> >> with value as "title" it goes, and can I index with value as "2006" it
> >> doesn't go.
> >> Why, I don't know
> >> thanks

> >> Check