lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Willnauer" <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: EMAIL ADDRESS: Tokenize (i.e. an EmailAnalyzer)
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:08:51 GMT
Hey Michael,

you might fall in love with the green bar after using it for a while.
If you use eclipse or some other ide including junit it so easy and powerful.

You might find some help here as well:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2004/02/04/juie.html
http://www.junit.org/news/article/index.htm

As hossman said very important is to test limit values of  your "unit".
You should also let your test fail at the right moment and catch the
exception to test it for illegal values or state.
Something like that does a good job if you expect an exc.

try{
unit.doIt();
fail("illegal state");
}catch(theexc e){}

Have a look at the class junit.framework.Assert, the static methods
are very helpful.

to keep the code clean, keep the bar green :)

Simon