lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Polites" <jason.poli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: Access is denied on java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:42:06 GMT
It was definately NTFS, unfortunately it was a while ago, and most of the
code has changed.

Basically I had a multi-threaded app where multiple threads were writing to
the index (but exclusively... that is, I had my own locking mechanism
preventing concurrent writes).

In a separate JVM, I had a fairly standard IndexSearcher based component via
a web interface.  Rapid hits on "refresh" in the browser executing a search
while indexing was being performed resulted in occasional but recurring
FileNotFound errors.

I recall that it was a "segments" file reported as not found.. if that
helps.