lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Polites" <jason.poli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene displaying results in the order they were added
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:04:43 GMT
Not sure what the desired end result is here, but you shouldn't need to
update the document jut to give it a boost factor.  This can be done in the
query string used to search the index.

As for updating affecting search order, I don't think you can assume any
guarantees in this regard.  You're probably better off sorting the results
manually.  The simplest solution would be to add a timestamp to each
document when it's created (milliseconds since epoch for example), then sort
by that.  This will have an impact on speed, but in my experience it's
marginal.