lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Polites" <>
Subject Re: Access is denied on
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:36:07 GMT
I would have thought that simultaneous cross-JVM access to an index was
outside of scope of the core Lucene API (although it would be great), but
maybe the file system basis allows for this (?).

I like the idea of catching IOExceptions and returning false.  Conceptually,
failing to obtain a lock due to any reason can be thought of as the same
thing, regardless of the reason (so long as its logged).

Seems like the simplest solution too.