lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Polites" <jason.poli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: search document for keywords and keyphrases
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:11:31 GMT
Yes you could use lucene for this, but it may be overkill for your
requirement.  If I understand you correctly, all you need to is find
documents which match "any" of the words in your list?  Do you need to rank
the results?   If not, it's probably easier just to create your own inverted
index of the documents you need to search.  If you actually need to rank
results, then lucene is probably easier as it does this for you.