lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Taylor <watay...@as-st.com>
Subject Re: Installing a custom tokenizer
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:39:07 GMT

On Aug 29, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> 2. The ParseException that is generated when making the
> StandardAnalyzer must be killed because there is another
> ParseException class (maybe in queryparser?) that must be used
> instead. The lucene build file excludes the StandardAnalyzer
> ParseException so that the other one is used. You could prob just
> delete it as well but then of course you would have to remember to
> delete it every time you rebuilt the javacc file.

If I use the generated parse exception, I get the message that the
ParseException which is thrown by next() is incompatible with the
throws statement in the generated code.  If I get rid of it and use the
older one, it turns out that generateException cannot generate a
ParseException because it passes a generated Token instead of the
Lucene Token.

It appears that the JavaCC I am using is generating code which is a bit
ahead of Lucene.

So I simply generated a new token of hte roper Lucene type for the
error message and everything compiled.  Now I have to tell the query
parser to use the same analyzer and all will be well.

Thanks.

The good news is that Lucene is unbelievably wonderful.  The bad news
is that Lucene is unbelievably wonderful.

Thanks again.