lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Taylor <watay...@as-st.com>
Subject Re: Installing a custom tokenizer
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:32:11 GMT
Because I wanted to use the javaCC input code from Lucene.  99.99% of
what the standard parser did was VERY GOOD.  having worked with
computer-generated compilers in the past, I realized that if I were to
modify the parser itself, I would eventually get into real trouble.  So
I took the time to figure out how to use JavaCC, with a great deal of
help from Mr. Miller.  Now I can make changes much more easily.

That is why I took the trouble to do it that way.