lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Field.Store.YES and Field.Store.Tokenized with CustomAnalyzer - Double Hit
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:51:51 GMT

: However, I noticed that when I say "Field.Store.YES" it stores the
: original, pre-tokenized version, so it seems like I'm doubling up here.
: Is there a better way to do this?

if you are doubling up to get the benefit of two seperate Analyzers, then
there is no need to "Store.YES" in both fields -- just store the value in
one (it doesn't matter which)

you could even choose not to store it in either of those fields, and
instead store it in a differnet field which is *not* indexed -- Stored
fields are really a very different beast then Indexed fields.  hen you say
you want a Stored and Indexed field, the exact same thing is done under
the coveres as if you said you want two Fields with teh same name, one
stored and not indexed and one indexed and not stored.

-Hoss