lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Poor performance "race condition" in FieldSortedHitQueue
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:39:03 GMT
: ... right, thanks, now I see what you mean. In other words, IndexReader
: provides the ability to read/iterate terms and docs, but caching the term
: values per doc is for a higher layer - this way keeping IndexReader simpler
: and maintainable. So I guess Oliver can continue with the change as he
: proposed it.

if any "heavy" changes were to be made to the way FieldCaches refrences
are handled (ie; being able to specify which FieldCacheImpl you want to
use) it would make more sense to put that in the Searcher API ... but even
then it might make sense to use a WeakHashRef on the IndexReader since
multiple IndexSearchers can refrence the same IndexReader.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message