lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: custom sort
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:07:09 GMT

: What I don't know is how can I make that fieldNorm returns the same value
: for both documents, and at the same time this values is bigger than if the
: query only found one of the words, smaller than finding three of three...
: I subclass DefaultSimilarity and set it to IndexSearcher, but I don't know
: what reimplementation of the methods is what I need.

take a look at the lengthNorm function of Similarity.  As i said before
LIA ("Lucene In Action" just in case that isn't clear)  has some great
info on this, and if you search the archives for Similarity you'll find
previous discussions about writing custom subclass ... the one special
thing to note about lengthNorm is that it's used when the index is built
-- so setting it at search time isn't enough.

:
: Thanks