lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Indexsearcher - one instance in PHP via javabridge?
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:06:15 GMT

: I'm trying to follow these instructions, but I have zero experience with
: Java, JVMs, Tomcat, etc. Could somebody help me with this one? Thanks in
: advance!

if you want to eliminate your need to write java code (or servlets)
completely take a look at Solr ... it provides a webservicesish API
for indexing and searching, and handles all of the Lucene "best
practices" for you...

http://incubator.apache.org/solr/
http://incubator.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html

There's even some examples on the wiki about how to talk to Solr via PHP
(but i don't really know anything about PHP so I can't comment on the
quality of the code)

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolPHP

-Hoss