lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: EMAIL ADDRESS: Tokenize (i.e. an EmailAnalyzer)
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:43:25 GMT

: Sure I would love to!  Can you ping me at michael.prichard@mac.com and
: let me know what I need to do?   Do I just post it to JIRA?

instructions on submitting code can be found in the wiki..

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute

note in particular that since you are primarily submiting new files,
you'll need to "svn add" them locally in order for them to be included in
patches created by "svn diff".

As for where it might make sense for them to live: there is an existing
"contrib/analyzers" package which might make the most sense.

Also note that while test cases aren't stricly mandatory for newly
contributed code, it does go a long way towards documenting expected
behavior, and encouraging committers to commit it :)

-Hoss