lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From adrena.keat...@nl.abnamro.com
Subject Memory allocation to Ram Directory
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:55:08 GMT

Hi,  my lucene index updates via the fileserver is eating up almost a huge
amount of heap memory and once the index is completed the memory is not
been returned.  Ram Drive is enabled.

Does anyone know if this might be a problem with the amount of memory been
allocated to the Ram Directory?
Can you tell me where to look to see what the current memory allocation is?
i.e what configuration file?

And is the Ram Directory been fed from the overall heap memory allocation
or has the Ram Directory got a seperate memory allocation?

Kind Regards
Adrena Keating

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. ABN AMRO
Bank N.V, which has its seat at Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is
registered in the Commercial Register under number 33002587, including its
group companies, shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt or damage to your system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its
group companies) does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of
viruses, interceptions or interference.