lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Sharing Documents between Lucene and DotLucene
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:41:16 GMT

On Aug 28, 2006, at 3:51 PM, d rj wrote:
> I think that the best method to transfer Document objects across
> the wire
> from Lucene to Lucene.Net is to write the appropriate xml schema
> using xsdl,
> then write the necessary translation code for both Java and C# that
> would
> marshall Lucene Document objects to schema based Document objects
> and vise
> versa.  The schema based Documents being what is now transferable
> over the
> wire.

How about putting Solr on the Java side and using its Document
serialization?  It is documented here:

	<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/StandardRequestHandler>

You'll even get the datatypes of each field based on the schema
configuration :)

> This is my current approach.  I wanted to post to the group to know if
> schema descriptors for Lucene Documents already exists or if anyone
> has
> employed some other successful technique for transferring Documents
> from
> Lucene to Lucene.Net.

Again, what about the issue of analysis synchronization between the
two indexes?

	Erik