lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Furash Gary" <fura...@mcao.maricopa.gov>
Subject RE: Documents that know more?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:57:43 GMT
Thanks.  Sort of what I was thinking of was the fact that document X,
field N, was built via tokenizer/analyzer N.  If I need to search an
index of document Xs, then I should be using tokenizer/analyzer N
without having to "know" that it was built that way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Rowe [mailto:sarowe@syr.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:04 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Documents that know more?

There has been a long-running thread on the java-dev list about how to
allow application-specific "extra stuff" to be placed in the index, at
multiple levels of granularity.  Some of this conversation is captured
on the Wiki at:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/FlexibleIndexing

Maybe you could modify the above page to include your requirements?

Steve