lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Furash Gary" <fura...@mcao.maricopa.gov>
Subject Field.Store.YES and Field.Store.Tokenized with CustomAnalyzer - Double Hit
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:50:31 GMT
The behavior I want is that if I store a name (Gary Furash), a user who
searches for "Gary Furash" gets a strong hit, wheras a user who seaches
for "Gray Furish" gets a moderate hit.  I currently achieve this by

1. using a custom analyzer on insertion/search that tokenizes a
"soundex" version of the name field in the document (so "Gray" and
"Gary" become the same soundex code);
2. creating two separate fields in the document (one tokenized and one
plain text) -using a multiquery

So, when I search against the two fields, "Gary Furash" hits against two
fields in the document, but "Gray Furish" hits only one.

However, I noticed that when I say "Field.Store.YES" it stores the
original, pre-tokenized version, so it seems like I'm doubling up here.
Is there a better way to do this?

Gary Furash, MBA, PMP
Applications Manager, Maricopa County Attorney's Office