lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Furash Gary" <fura...@mcao.maricopa.gov>
Subject Documents that know more?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:38:13 GMT
I'm sure this is just a design point that I'm missing, but is there a
way to have my document objects know more about themselves?

At the time I create my document, I know a bit about how information is
being stored in it (e.g., this field represents a SOUNDEX copy, etc.),
yet the logic for that kind of stuff is kept in separate, unrelated
classes that have to be used properly in the document creation/retrieval
programs.

Would it make sense and, if so, is there a way to embed more logic in my
document objects (or some kind of subclass)?

Gary Furash, MBA, PMP
Applications Manager, Maricopa County Attorney's Office