lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Borgermans" <>
Subject Re: How to warm up
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:53:07 GMT

It are mainly the internal caches that are of interest. If you use
sorting other than the default relevance for example, use a warmin up
search that uses a custom sort. You may also look at what happens in
Solr ( related to caching.

I use Java Lucene from a PHP based frontend and found that just using
a Java object cache (like ehcache) can speed up searches a lot by
caching filters that implement security rules for instance. I guess
this also applies to pure Java implementations where Lucene does not
caches on its own.