lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Borgermans" <paul.borgerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing Documents between Lucene and DotLucene
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:32:59 GMT
> how you've mentioned.  It'd be interesting to hear more of a
> rationale for this.

I'm facing the same issue, and here it is about "politics" where the
MS centered IT department suddenly uses lucene.net after seeing the
power of a local implementation based on the original Java version
(and on Linux servers). The next logical question from users is "can I
search across all indexes" where these indexes are located on
different servers and platforms.

Because in our case these indexes are mostly tied to their own realm,
it is not really a problem to present the users with these different
realms (using a custom soap interface in the backend for example). But
I'm looking at a solution where I could use also a multi-searcher by
having a (java-based) searcher instance on these MS servers running
side by side with the lucene.net cousins ... so basically a searcher
which has a "directory" that lives somewhere else on the network.

--paul

--
http://walhalla.wordpress.com