lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "SOMMERIA KLEIN Ariel Ext VIACCESS-BU_DRM" <a.klein....@viaccess.com>
Subject graphically representing an index
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:36:30 GMT
Hi all,
I'm a newbie with Lucene and I'm looking to implement the following:
I want to index posts from a forum, and, rather than proposing a search
on the contents, graphically represent the contents of the index. More
precisely, I would like to have a list of the most popular words, with a
number next to each indicating how often they occur.
The icing on the cake would be to be able to click on such a word and
get a subset of the posts including that word.
Can Lucene be used for this? Has anyone already implemented it? Any
links?
I've dug around a bit without any success, but my apologies if this has
already been dealt with

"Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this e-mail
and attachments. This e-mail, including attachments, constitutes non-public information intended
to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail, including attachments, and notify us immediately. The unauthorized
use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. In general, the content of this e-mail and attachments does
not constitute any form of commitment by VIACCESS SA."