lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "M A" <geneticfl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Search Performance Problem 16 sec for 250K docs
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 09:35:45 GMT
Ok I get your point, this still however means the first search on the new
searcher will take a huge amount of time .. given that this is happening now
..

i.e. new search -> new query -> get hits ->20+ secs ..  this happens every 5
mins or so ..

although subsequent searches may be quicker ..

Am i to assume for a first search the amount of  time is ok -> .. seems like
a long time to me ..?

The other thing is the sorting is fixed .. it never changes .. it is always
sorted by the same field ..

i just built the entire index and it still takes ages .,..