lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "M A" <geneticfl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Search Performance Problem 16 sec for 250K docs
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 00:01:05 GMT
yes there is a new searcher opened each time a search is conducted,

This is because the index is updated every 5 mins or so, due to the incoming
feed of stories ..

When you say iteration, i take it you mean, search request, well for each
search that is conducted I create a new one .. search reader that is ..