lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Wei Ho" <cwho.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Classifieds rotation - weighting Lucene results by previous show frequency?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 02:01:05 GMT
We are starting to run a small index of classifieds alongside our main
search items. The classifieds are also in a lucene index. We show
classifieds that match the user's search criteria, which means we do a
lucene search on that index and show the top few results. We also keep
track of the number of times each classified is shown.

However, we would like to start some form of classified rotation by
weighting the results (weight down if that particular classified has
been shown regularly in the past day, for example). The classified
show statistics are stored in a database.

Does anyone here have any experience doing this that they can share,
or some idea as to how this can be best implemented with lucene?
Thanks in advance :)