lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Taylor <>
Subject Re: Installing a custom tokenizer
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:30:30 GMT

On Aug 29, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Have a look at PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper:
> :
> PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.html
> ...which can be specified in the constructors for IndexWriter and
> QueryParser.

As I understand it, this allows me to specify a different analyzer for
each field name.  My problem is that the standard analyzer will not
work for my content field and I need to define a new one.  I need to
make a modification to the StandardTokenizer so that a number does not
need to have a digit in every other segment of a part number.

For example, the StandardTokenizer breaks aa-bb-2 on the - between aa
and bb because it demands that every other string between a - have a

I need to modify the .jj file for the Standard Tokenizer and get a new
one, but I am confused by the javaCC documentation and do not know how
to run it to get what I need.

Thanks for the help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: