lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Philip Brown <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Lock error attempting update of RAMDirectory index
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 02:34:29 GMT

Well, I wish it were that easy...I open one IndexWriter to write the
documents to the index after it is created, and then call writer.optimize()
and writer.close().  Your suggestion is a good one in that, from what I've
read, the writer needs to be closed to release the lock file.  Apparently,
there is more to it than that.  Also, this doesn't happen consistently --
just occasionally.

Thanks.