lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Sharing Documents between Lucene and DotLucene
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:29:41 GMT
Keep in mind that a very useful aspect of Lucene is that of indexed,
tokenized, but unstored fields.  Lucene is often used where it is
impractical to store the original text.  Serializing a document into
Lucene, then back out can be a lossy operation.

If you're looking for a Lucene-based web service, check out Solr.
I'm not sure why you'd want to pull from Java Lucene into Lucene.Net
how you've mentioned.  It'd be interesting to hear more of a
rationale for this.

	Erik