lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: read past EOF
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:31:36 GMT
Bhavin Pandya wrote:
> My guess is ..."One of my index is got corrupted so whenever I am trying
> to search the index or optimize the index or merging the multiple index
> ...It will throws same exception but from different class...sometime
> from IndexReader or sometime from IndexWriter depends on how it is being
> called"

It indeed looks like you have an X.cfs file that is truncated.  It would
be good to get to the root cause that led to this ...

Were there any other errors leading up to this?  For example, when you
move your index after it's built, is this actually a copy (and maybe
the disk filled up when copying)?  Or a previous [initial] exception
when building the index?

Are you really sure only one writer is building the index at once?

Also is this easily reproduced?

Mike