lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: Access is denied on
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:33:32 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On 8/27/06, Doron Cohen <> wrote:
>> I plan to submit an update to that patch later today accommodating your
>> comments (and others); It will most probably retry for IOExceptions (not
>> analyzing the exception text); also, it would return false if the *retry*
>> for obtain() failed with exception.
> Lock.obtain(timeout) already has retry/timeout logic around
> Lock.obtain(), so wouldn't the change to return false on an
> IOException be sufficient?  User level applications should then use
> obtain(timeout) rather than obtain() unless they want to do
> timeout/retry logic themselves.

I would agree: the retry/timeout logic already exists above so let's
just return false on hitting any IOException when calling createNewFile.

(Doron, this still wouldn't fix the other strange "across the board" IO
problems you see on Windows.  I'd really like to reproduce this but so
far (running your stress test) I can't -- are you sure it's not a virus
checker or something?).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message