lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <>
Subject Re: Any 2.0 examples yet?
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:32:26 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Also let me also emphasize the test cases that are built into the Lucene
> codebase itself.  These are premium *always working* examples of how to
> use specific parts of Lucene in an isolated fashion.   Check out
> Lucene's trunk (or 2.0 branch) via Subversion and enjoy.

Here here!!

I found the examples in LIA (all junit test cases) excellent and in
general units tests are an awesome way to learn the APIs.  Also, they
only grow/improve (and track API changes) with time so they'll continue
to be a great way to learn the APIs.

> p.s. I had updated all of the "Lucene in Action" code to be 2.0
> compliant a while back but have never published it.  I'll make a point
> of doing that as soon as possible and posting its location here.

This would be fantastic.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message