lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Test new query parser?
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:16:53 GMT
I have received a few inquires about my new query parser. I apologize
for making that announcement a little premature. My current
implementation only allows simple mixing of proximity queries with
boolean queries...complex mixing would result in an incorrect search. A
reply to my first email made me consider this more (I had done that part
a while ago) and I came to the conclusion that it was obviously
unacceptable to release the parser to anyone in this hobbled form. The
parser must support arbitrary mixing of boolean and proximity searchers.

I think I have cracked this. I would say I am at 90%  of the way to a
solution and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. When I have
resolved this issue, I will contact those that have expressed interest
and provide them with the parser. With some feedback and improvements I
will think about how to release it generally.

- Mark