lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Suba Suresh <su...@wolfram.com>
Subject Search and Hits
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:51:25 GMT
I have this application where I indexed different file formats and used
"phraseQuery"  on the "body" of the documents to do the search. Now I
have added email archives to the index. I have to use
"TermQuery/MultiFieldQuery" to search the emails. For a user entered
query I have to search both the documents and email archives to bring
back results. What will be the best way to approach it.

  Will it be better to have two different indexes - one for all files
and one for emails? If so can I have one IndexSearcher open to query
both the indexes? How will I do it? When the Hits comes back from both
the search how will it  be organized?

Is there another way to approach it. Any suggestion?

thanks,
suba suresh.