lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Cache
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:36:17 GMT
Thanks Hoss. I apologize for being  slightly off topic.  Instead of
using  Solr, I am trying to steal from it, and so Lucene was still
mostly what was on my mind :) I posted too soon as well because I
finally found the wiki page on caching at Solr's site.

I have just implemented the "warm a new searcher" trick in my Lucene
app, and I am now looking into the best way to add caching--if caching
turns out to be beneficial to the app I am making. Of course I might
just drop all of this and use Solr, but it seems to be a nice learning
experience to go through all of this using just Lucene. Thanks for the
high level answers though...exactly what I was looking for.

- Mark