lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karel Tejnora <>
Subject Re: Split an existing index into smaller segments without a re-index?
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:41:12 GMT

0) optimize big index

1) on big index delete all documents except those for a part of index
2) use AddIndexes on IndexWriter on destination dir (empty)
3) delete segments.del in big index directory (the segments.del is a
just serialized BitVector)
4) repeat for another set

do not make optimize or any other action if segments.del lives-  that
will delete your documents

> I searched the mail list archives for an answer to that question;
> The closest (and perhaps the only) thread in this regard that I found is:
> So the answer was "No", but this is way back in the mid 2004 (2 years
> ago).
> Is there a solution to that problem now?
> Stanislav

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message