lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karel Tejnora <ka...@tejnora.cz>
Subject Re: Split an existing index into smaller segments without a re-index?
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:41:12 GMT
Depends.

0) optimize big index

1) on big index delete all documents except those for a part of index
2) use AddIndexes on IndexWriter on destination dir (empty)
3) delete segments.del in big index directory (the segments.del is a
just serialized BitVector)
4) repeat for another set

do not make optimize or any other action if segments.del lives-  that
will delete your documents