lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karel Tejnora <ka...@tejnora.cz>
Subject Re: updating document
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:33:30 GMT
Jason is right. I think, even Im not expert on lucene too, your newly
added document cann't recreate terms for field with analyzer, because
field text in empty.
There is very hairy solution - hack a IndexReader, FieldInfosWriter and
use addIndexes.

Lucene is "only" a fulltext search library, not a datastore. I end up
with the same design as he suggested - At beginning I choose to store
fields in lucene index,
because lucene has no limit on fields length like DB2.

The Jason's strategy is very useful in all cases - *before adding
document* to lucene index obtain an unique id from sequence (e. g. db)
add document with
this synthetic id (e.g. field id and store it within index) and after
add, save document *with id* (if it has not been saved yet) to xml or
another storage.

Well, I haven't stored syn. ids with indexed documents and now I'm about
to reassign them.