lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Field compression too slow
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 02:32:14 GMT

> I have a sample document which has about 4.5MB of text to be stored as
> compressed data within the field, and the indexing of this document
> seems to
> take an inordinate amount of time (over 10 minutes!).  When debugging I can
> see that it's stuck on the deflate() calls of the Deflater used by Lucene.

Would it be possible to get a copy of this document's text (only if
you're able to share it)?  I'd like to run some tests to work out the
tradeoff (time taken vs % deflated) of the different levels we can pass
to the zip library.  If not that's fine, I'll just run on various random
text sources I can find.

Thanks.

Mike