lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "ould sid'ahmed" <nould...@emn.fr>
Subject Re: research lucene
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:27:15 GMT
Simon Willnauer a écrit :
> You should rather explain what you expect from indexing your number
> not as string values.
>
> best regards simon
>
> On 8/9/06, ould sid'ahmed <nouldsid@emn.fr> wrote:
>> Erick Erickson a écrit :
>> > What analyzers are you using for both indexing and searching? Some
>> > analyzers
>> > strip out numbers and some don't. I'd start with
>> WhitespaceAnalyzer, and
>> > index your fields UN_TOKENIZED and work up to the other analyzers
>> and/or
>> > tokenizations from there.
>> >
>> > Under any circumstances, you really, really, really want to get a
>> copy of
>> > Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke/) which will allow you to examine
>> your
>> > index to see what it actually contains. I've been surprised more than
>> > once
>> > by thinking that my index contained something it really hadn't.
>> >
>> > Best
>> > Erick

>> thanks for your response and your soft,
>> you think what about the indexer that can resolve my problem.
>> my problem is the indexer, it don't index value numeric.
>>
>> thanks.

I  add my document
Document doc=new Document();
doc.add(new Field( getName(), value, getStore(), getIndex()));
and getName can be "date, name, tilte, or another", but can if I index
title with the value "122" or another, It can't return me a result, if I
index title with "mytitre" for example, it return me the result, I would
like why?

thanks.