lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: running a lucene indexing app as a windows service on xp, crashing
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 20:33:31 GMT

> This is windows/jvm issue . Have a look at how ant is dealing with it, maybe we could
give it a try with something like that (I have not noticed ant having problems).

Indeed it seems like Windows somehow believes the "deletable" file must
be still held open, given that the File.renameTo and also the "fallback"
open failed.

I tried a quick test to reproduce this but could not.  I just modified
the demo IndexFiles command line tool to add documents forever, then
used Windows Explorer to refresh like crazy...  I tested with Sun JDK
1.4.2 on Windows XP Pro SP 2.

Which JDK / version, and Windows XP version, are you using?

Mike