lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prich...@mac.com>
Subject Re: EMAIL ADDRESS: Tokenize (i.e. an EmailAnalyzer)
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:23:43 GMT
Chris Hostetter wrote:

>: Sure I would love to!  Can you ping me at michael.prichard@mac.com and
>: let me know what I need to do?   Do I just post it to JIRA?
>
>instructions on submitting code can be found in the wiki..
>
>http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute
>
>note in particular that since you are primarily submiting new files,
>you'll need to "svn add" them locally in order for them to be included in
>patches created by "svn diff".
>
>As for where it might make sense for them to live: there is an existing
>"contrib/analyzers" package which might make the most sense.
>
>Also note that while test cases aren't stricly mandatory for newly
>contributed code, it does go a long way towards documenting expected
>behavior, and encouraging committers to commit it :)
>

>-Hoss

Oh boy, how embarrassing for me.  I have never used any unit tests...I
know I know...don't freak out people :)  I pretty much just started
really coding in Java.  So, is there anyone out there who has time to
help me add these to the code?  I would appreciate it and, on the plus
side, the code will be better tested for the community.

Thanks!
Michael