lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Miles Barr <mi...@magpie.net>
Subject Re: Luke for Lucene 2.x ?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:26:12 GMT
KEGan wrote:

> I have read that *Andrzej Bialecki *mentioned that he would release new
> version of Luke based on Lucene 2.0.0 soon. URL here ...
> http://www.mail-archive.com/java-user@lucene.apache.org/msg08612.html.
> Anyone has any idea if it has been released ?
>
> Andrzej, if you are reading this, could you please let us know :) Thanks.

It should be fairly straightforward to do it yourself. Compiling Luke
against Lucene 1.9.1 shows it only uses 4 deprecated calls:

http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke-0.6/luke.zip

1. Field(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,boolean,boolean,boolean,boolean)
2. IndexReader.delete(int)
3. IndexReader.delete(Term)
4. Analyzer.tokenStream(Reader)

For the first one, replace the booleans with the appropriate Field.Store
and File.Index values.

The delete call has simply been renamed to deleteDocuments.

Analyzer.tokenStream now requires a field name.

Then replace the Lucene jars in the lib directory with 2.0.0 and you
should be able to build a compatible version of Luke.

Miles