lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Braun <mbr...@uni-hd.de>
Subject Re: dash-words
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:49:00 GMT
Hi Yonik,

>> So a Phrase search to "The xmen story" will fail. With a slop of 1 the
>> doc will be found.
>>
>> But when generating the query I won't know when to use a slop. So adding
>> slops isn't a nice solution.
>
> If you can't tolerate slop, this is a problem.

I use the WordDelimiterFilter now without slop, because in other cases
it's an amelioration. But I (or better my app) stumbled now over a non
Phrase Query:

If I am searching for a title named (sorry for the german example).

"lage der arbeiterjugend in westberlin" (indexed with
WordDelimiterFilter + lowercase)

with a query like this +arbeiterjugend +west-berlin I get no results.

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse makes this query (with
WordDelimiterFilter) with Default QueryParser.AND_OPERATOR:

+titel:arbeiterjugend +titel:"west (berlin westberlin)"

with +arbeiterjugend +westberlin I get the result.

It seems that the synonyms don't work with the query. How do you solve
this in Solr? Do I have to build a TermQuery?

thanks in advance,

martin