lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: updating document
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:16:52 GMT
You say "Those documents that we updated are not searchable now". I've got
to ask the obvious question, did you close and re-open the *searcher*
(really, the indexreader you use in your searcher)? I suspect you have, but
thought I'd ask explicitly.

I'd also get a copy of Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke/) and inspect my
index after you drop/re-add the data.

Actually, have you thought about IndexModifier (I'm using Lucene 2.0). From
the javadoc....

<<< A class to modify an index, i.e. to delete and add documents. This class
hides IndexReader<file:///C:/lucene-2.0.0/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexReader.html>and
IndexWriter<file:///C:/lucene-2.0.0/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html>so
that you do not need to care about implementation details such as that
adding documents is done via IndexWriter and deletion is done via
IndexReader.>>>

Best
Erick