lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: research lucene
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:32:14 GMT
What analyzers are you using for both indexing and searching? Some analyzers
strip out numbers and some don't. I'd start with WhitespaceAnalyzer, and
index your fields UN_TOKENIZED and work up to the other analyzers and/or
tokenizations from there.

Under any circumstances, you really, really, really want to get a copy of
Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke/) which will allow you to examine your
index to see what it actually contains. I've been surprised more than once
by thinking that my index contained something it really hadn't.

Best
Erick