lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene hits.length()
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:57:50 GMT
I'll take a stab at it.... When are you opening/closing your searcher? When
you open a searcher, you get a snapshot of the index at that instant, and
subsequent modifications aren't visible until you open a new searcher (at
least I think I've got this right).

And I'm sure this also interacts with the writer merge settings
"interestingly".

Personally, I'd worry about this a lot more if it happened after I'd closed
my writer and opened a new reader <G>...
Of course, my app has an index that is updated rarely (every two weeks), so
I haven't dug into too many details in this area...

Best
Erick