lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does lucene performance suffer with a lot of empty fields ?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:10:25 GMT
I can't speak to performance, but there's no problem having different fields
for different documents. Stated differently, you don't need to have all
fields in all documents. It took me a while to get my head out of database
tables and accept this <G>....

I doubt there's a problem with speed, but as always some measurements over
your particular data count most.....

Erick