lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "d rj" <drjat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing Documents between Lucene and DotLucene
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:52:30 GMT
Hello Erik-

The primary reason for building a smaller client side sub-index is quality
of service.  Building a client side index will avoid both network latency
and network outage issues.  Rather than have the client application attempt
to query the server's Lucene index for search results I would like to
transfer a minimal index to the client that can be queried in a fast and
100% reliable manner regardless of network latency, network connectivity and
server load.

That is the general rationale.

Presently I have a webservice that creates a temporary sub index on the
server and streams it across to the requesting client.  This method is
functional although less than ideal.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any approaches to transferring Documents
between Lucene and Lucene.Net.  Or if there is something similar to an xsdl
schema for the Document class that would allow one to transfer Document via
a webservice between Lucene and Lucene.Net.

Thanks.
-drj