lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "d rj" <drjat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing Documents between Lucene and DotLucene
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:06:44 GMT
George.

I am wondering if there is a way to share Document objects between Lucene
and Lucene.Net.  In this client/server structure sharing the same physical
index directory is not possible (the client is on a remote machine w/ only
http access to the server).

By marshalling Document objects from Lucene to Lucene.Net I am curious to
know if any one has created, for example, a webservice that allows the
transfer of Document object from Lucene to Lucene.Net.  For example if the
Document class implemented XMLSerializable one could simply marshal the
Document to XML, serialize, and transfer it the client which would then do
the same steps in reverse to reconstruct the object.  The Document could
then be added to the Lucene.Net index.

Thanks.
-drj