lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chad Hardin <char...@topiatechnology.com>
Subject More like this returning similarities that are too generic
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:22:09 GMT
hi all,

I'm new to lucene but I'm loving it!  I'm writing a prototype that
links documents together based upon similarities.  Obviously the
first thing I did was use MoreLikeThis.  However, it seems to be
finding matches based upon words that are too common, in this case
the words "from" and "can" and seems to be missing matches using the
terms I would expect (in this case documents about "bikes").

I seems I need a more custom tailored Filter that only passes through
more less-common words.  Does something like this already exist?

Thanks,

Chad