lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yiqun \"Eddie\" Cao" <cao.yi...@gmail.com>
Subject query syntax problem
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:28:09 GMT
Hi,

We are using lucene in a chemistry database, and we are dealing with special
words containing both digits and characters in English alphabets, such as
PFC-0234. To prevent lucene from cutting the word into two, we have replaced
all dashes into underscores, so PFC-0234 is stored and indexed as PFC_0234
in the lucene index. However, none of them works for searches containing
wildcard characters. For example, none of the following works: PFC_*, PFC*,
PF*, PFC_0*, PFC_02*, but PFC-0234 works. Can anyone tell me what is wrong
here? We have tried WhitespaceAnalyzer, but it's not working either.

Thanks,

Eddie